I’ve been writing about beer, wine, spirits cocktails, and sometimes food on What Are You Drinking for more than five years now. The intent is to share information about great drinks, the stories of the people who make the drinks that we love, and fantastic places to enjoy drinks. In 2015 I wrote 57 new stories for the blog.
I’m always interested to see what people are most interested in reading. This year, among my top 20 most read stories, 11 were about wine or the wine industry, 8 were about cocktails and spirits and 1 was about beer. A little less than half of the stories published on the blog were originally written for another outlet and then reposted here.
It turns out that my two most read stories this year were written in 2013. A comprehensive story about whiskey has lasting interest. The second most read is about Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka, which is a crazy popular brand.
Here are the top 20 most read stories on What Are You Drinking in 2015 that were written this year:
- 8 Texas wineries to explore off the beaten path, JANUARY 22, 2015 (extended version of a CultureMap story)
- Cool off with a Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka shandy, MAY 30, 2015
- I’m Embarrassed to be Texan, AUGUST 26, 2015
- Austin’s Best Bartenders: MARCH 7, 2015 (Austin Man Magazine)
- Texas Hill Country lands major event with 2016 Wine Tourism Conference, NOVEMBER 23, 2015
- Who gives a crap about wine bloggers?, DECEMBER 21, 2015
- Crazy good times at the 2015 Austin Food & Wine Festival, APRIL 29, 2015
- Texas wine takes on the world, APRIL 29, 2015
- Win tickets to “The Official Drink of Austin” cocktail competition, FEBRUARY 24, 2015
- The 12 best places for happy hour in Central Austin, AUGUST 2, 2015 (Austin Woman Magazine)
- Infinite Monkey Theorem winery set to open in funky South Austin space, AUGUST 3, 2015 (extended version of a CultureMap story with added videos)
- Screw the New Year’s resolution — Let’s drink Franciacorta, JANUARY 10, 2015
- National wine pros will compete in 2015 Somms Under Fire food and wine event, JANUARY 14, 2015
- The Intoxicating Experiences of the 2015 TexSom, AUGUST 14, 2015
- The Right Wines for Summer Grilling, JUNE 3, 2015 (Wine & Food Foundation Newsletter)
- Real Ale Brewing has Extreme Makeover, FEBRUARY 17, 2015
- 3 whiskey cocktails guaranteed to keep you warm this winter, FEBRUARY 3, 2015 (CultureMap)
- Summery Whisky Cocktails for National Scotch Day, JULY 26, 2015
- These 9 Austin bartenders are shaking up the cocktail scene, APRIL 16, 2015 (CultureMap)
- Garage wins Official Drink of Austin competition, MARCH 11, 2015 (Austin Woman Magazine)
What were your favorite stories in 2015?
It turns out that not everyone just clicks on my site every week to find out what’s new. Here is where people find me.
Not everyone who reads this blog is from the U.S.
Thanks for reading the stories on What Are You Drinking. I welcome your feedback.
Cheers to a Happy 2016!