Oh man the Austin Food & Wine Festival was a blast today. It was a great gathering of excellent culinary and beverage pros showing off their best for a happy crowd. I hunkered down at several sessions today including:
- Texas Wine: Ready for the Main Stage with Russ Kane
- Drink Like Pro with Mark Oldman
- Spring Into Wine with Ray Isle
- What a Pair with Tony & Cathy Mantuano
- Around the World with Pinot Noir with Ray Isle
In between learning about various wines in these sessions, I wandered through the grilling area and the grand tasting tents to sample some of the fantastic nibbles and drinks.
This year the Festival moved across the street to Butler Park. It was a great move, with a more intimate setting and more lush grass (read less blowing dust than last year). The Grand tasting had a new configuration that dropped the claustrophobic crowding from last year.
It went by too quickly and I can’t wait to get back to the park for tomorrow’s sessions.