Nothing beats a glass of delicate and lovely pink wine on a warm day. Master Sommelier and global beverage buyer for Whole Foods, Devon Broglie, led a packed house through a tasting of seven rose wines in his session, “Rosé by Any Other Name,” at the 2015 Austin Food & Wine Festival.
Broglie started his session by using the Champagne saber left by Mark Oldman to slash open a bottle of Bolligner rosé to the delight of the crowd. After the Champagne, attendees were treated to a range of wines from Texas, Washington, Sicily, Spain and the holy grail of rosé, Provence. The bold Artazu from the Navara region of Spain was a standout, with big, bold flavors.
Related 2015 Austin Food & Wine Festival Articles:
- Crazy good times at the 2015 Austin Food & Wine Festival
- Spicing things up with Mark Oldman
- The ever effervescent Vilma Mazaite
- Texas wine takes on the world
- Raucous rita party with the Tipsy Texan
- Ray Isle teaches to taste wine like a pro