There is nothing like the warm hiss and pop of vinyl just before the song starts to put you in a nostalgic mood to hear some of your favorite tunes. The W Hotel Austin is busting open its album vault to spin new and old songs in the Living Room lounge with Spin/Spun, a weekly jam happening every Tuesday night. Tonight, Tuesday, October 23 at 7:00 kicks off the first set with the introduction of the fall cocktail menu.
The W’s top mixer, er libationist, Joyce Garrison says, “The fall menu is a fusion of cocktails that we are really passionate about. I wanted to feature fresh, seasonal ingredients combined with unexpected flavors that would allow guests to try new drinks and still come back for their favorites.”
Some of the cocktails the cocktails available in the W Hotel Living Room include:
- bluegrass: Dripping Springs vodka, blueberry, mint, lime
- new york, I love you: Maker’s Mark bourbon, cinnamon, Noilly Prat sweet vermouth
- tailgate: Deep Eddy vodka, egg whites, blood orange bitters, Paula’s Texas Orange
- r & r: Cruzan Aged Rum infused with Rooibos tea, peppadew, pineapple
- brothers quarrel: Buffalo Trace whiskey, St Germain elderflower liquor, Canton ginger liquor, Laphroaig 10yr scotch, burnt lemon
- last word: Tanqurey gin, green chartreuse, Luxardo marachino liquor, lime juice
- midnight in valencia: Cinco vodka, Patron coco, ancho chili, orange
Your job will be to pair the perfect cocktail with your favorite tunes from the Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, BB King, or The Black Keys.