What are you Drinking? is dedicated to exploring the everyday adventures that are enhanced with a drink. In addition to interviews with beverage industry luminaries, it has wine, beer, liquor and cocktail reviews all set in an atmosphere where you’ll typically enjoy these drinks. And it also reviews bars and restaurants for those times when you don’t feel like drinking at home.
I’m an avid beverage enthusiast with a passion for wine. I know my way around the wine industry as a Certified Sommelier in the Court of Master Sommeliers and have previously worked at a winery in Oregon and in wine sales. I even got married at a winery. I am also a regular contributing Food & Drink writer for Austin CultureMap, Austin Man magazine and Austin Woman magazine. The whimsical booze reviews on the pages of What are you Drinking? were recognized with a 2011 Texas Social Media Award from the Austin American-Statesman.
When I’m not writing about beverages after work, I spend time playing with my kids, drinking with Beautiful Wife, riding my bike around Austin (sober) and dreaming about my retirement job at a winery, distillery or brewery. During the day, I’m the managing director of Cohn & Wolfe, Austin. My views expressed here are solely mine and do not reflect the views or opinions or tastes of my employer.
What Are You Drinking? Highlights:
- Certified Sommelier in the Court of Master Sommeliers
- Winner of the Austin American Statesman “Texas Social Media Award“
- Nominated for Republic of Austin Austin Bloggers Award
- Austin American Statesman “Out & About 500“
- Guest Host of Sommelier Cinema at the Alamo Drafthouse
- Contributing Food & Drink writer for CultureMap
- Contributing Food & Drink columnist for Austin Man Magazine
- Culinary and Beverage judge for CultureMap Tastemaker Awards
- Culinary judge for Texas Fall Fest & Wine Auction
- My photography has appeared in many publications including Texas Monthly, Edible Austin, Austin Man Magazine, CultureMap, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Contact me for your photography needs.
- Check out this interview with me on the “When in Austin” podcast
Want to drink like Don Draper? Don’t. Be creative and drink responsibly. Find a ride home too.