What a fantastic year it has been. My humble blog has evolved and matured this year. Here is a look at what happened in 2011:
- Posted 58 stories: 28 about wine, 23 about cocktails and 10 about beer
- Posted stories from Singapore, Salt Lake City, Columbus and San Diego
- Met and interviewed dozens of wonderful winemakers, distillers, brewmasters, sommeliers and bartenders.
- More than 18,000 of you wonderful people visited my site during the year
- Celebrated the blog’s first anniversary with a kick-ass party at the W Hotel Austin
- Thrilled, honored and humbled to win the Austin American Statesman “Texas Social Media Award“
- “What Are You Drinking?” was recoginized on the prestigious Austin American Statesman “Out & About 500” list of socialites
- Guest Host of Sommelier Cinema at the Alamo Drafthouse
- Eight “What Are You Drinking?” stories also appeared in the Food & Drink section of CultureMap
- 12 Most ran a “What Are You Drinking?” story
This blog has been a labor of love. I write at night and on weekends when I’m not busy with my full-time job. All of the time and effort are worth it because I’m able to meet so many interesting people who are passionate about the beverages they create. I’m thrilled to tell their stories.
I owe a lot of thanks to many people for the blog’s success this year. Beautiful Wife has been extremely supportive and tolerant of the amount of time it takes to conduct interviews, research, write and curate each story. Big thanks to her for helping me keep this going. Thanks to all of the folks that tolerated my interviews. Thanks to the PR people for arranging for stories and sending samples to review. Thanks to everyone who reads this and provides feedback. I’ll keep writing as long as you keep reading.
I have several stories lined up for 2012 already, but I’d love to hear what you are most interested in. What are you drinking? What do you want me to write about? Tell me in the comment section below.
Happy New Year!